LUBBOCK, Texas (NEWS RELEASE) — The next is a information launch from Civic Lubbock, Inc.:
From rock to nation, jazz to hip hop, the 2020 Lubbock Music NOW album options 21 songs written and carried out by 21 South Plains artists.
The CD shall be obtainable for buy domestically at: H-E-B, the undertaking’s Presenting Sponsor, Ralph’s Data, and the Buddy Holly Middle. It’s obtainable for buy now on-line by means of Choose-a-Seat (www.selectseatlubbock.com) or by obtain by means of Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Pandora, YouTube and dozens of different streaming music providers.
“The Lubbock Music NOW undertaking produces a compilation album that represents the myriad kinds of music performed in Lubbock,” stated James Eppler, Civic Lubbock, Inc. board member and chair of the Lubbock Leisure Committee, which oversees the undertaking. “The musicians we function every year keep on the legacies of Buddy Holly, Mac Davis, Natalie Maines, Joe Ely, Terry Allen and lots of others.”
Since its debut in 2016, the Lubbock Music NOW undertaking has featured 93 artists. This 12 months’s album consists of 10 artists who’re new to the undertaking, a document variety of first-time acts.
Artists submitted unique, studio-produced songs for consideration in April. Offering solely tune numbers, songs had been judged by a panel of previous and present members of the Texas Department of The Recording Academy (Texas Grammy Board). The judges indicated they had been impressed with the general high quality of the music. One choose even commented that “one of many songs blew her away and that one wanted to be on the air now.”
“There has by no means been a query that Lubbock’s musical expertise is superior. However listening to feedback like this from a seasoned skilled solidifies that reality,” stated Don Caldwell, nationally recognized music producer and performer and member of the, Lubbock Music NOW committee. “With the artists on the Lubbock Music NOW album, you might be listening to the subsequent technology of excellent Lubbock music.
The artists chosen for the 2020 Lubbock Music NOW album, with tune titles, are:
- Alma Quartet – “Solitude”
- Bob Simpson – “Inform Me”
- Cade Gregg – “Religion”
- Calistro Junior Vasquez – “Blue”
- Cary and Steve – “Playscape”
- Chris Bone Garza – “World We Dwell In”
- Clifton Fort – “Unbreakable Partitions”
- D.G. Flewellyn – “Simply Let Me Love You”
- Drake Hayes Band – “Nowhere Texas”
- Hannah Jackson – “Prairie Eyes”
- Heather Savonne – “Present in You”
- Jenni Dale Lord Band – “Smile”
- Jerry Serrano – “Dig Your Grave”
- Keedra Johnson – “No person”
- Madelyn Mandry – “Fall for You”
- Outwest – “Easy Emotions”
- Petrichor, Ltd. – “The Different Facet”
- southstate – “Myb Nxt Yr”
- Spur 327 Band – “82 to Idalou”
- Steve Garry – “Flatland Blues”
- Thomas Craig Elliott – “Runaround Blues”
The quilt artwork for the 2020 Lubbock Music NOW CD was designed by Dirk Fowler. Fowler, an affiliate professor within the College of Artwork at Texas Tech College, is a world-renowned graphic designer and a founding father of the off-set rock poster revival. His letterpress live performance posters are collector’s gadgets.
All proceeds from gross sales of the album will go to Civic Lubbock, Inc. to be invested in native music tasks together with future years of Lubbock Music NOW. Every artist receives a $200 money prize from Civic Lubbock, Inc. and copies of the album.
Civic Lubbock’s mission is to foster and promote instructional, cultural and leisure applications, to incorporate the visible and performing arts, for the residents of the Lubbock space.
2020 Lubbock Music NOW Sponsors:
- Platinum Report/Presenting Sponsor: H-E-B
- Silver Report Sponsors: PlainsCapital Financial institution & South Plains School
- Bronze Report Sponsor: CapRock Cafe
CONTACT: Vicki Key, Civic Lubbock, Inc. Liaison, at (806) 775-2267 or e-mail email@example.com
(Information launch from Civic Lubbock, Inc.)